[Distutils] First steps with distutils...

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@conectiv.net
Tue Sep 5 04:04:01 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 09:54:24AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> If the contents of the spec are included in the RPM file then
> it is probably a bad idea to include sys.executable of the
> building Python interpreter. In that case, I'd leave the hard-
> coded "python" in there and issue a warning that the
> executable found as "python" is not identical to sys.executable.
> The reason is simple: you cannot know what Python version
> a user uses to rebuild from SRPM.
>
> If the spec is *always* recreated, then I'd opt for the
> sys.executable default too, since it is natural that
> the Python version running setup.py will also take care
> of building the RPM sources.

The contents of the spec file are included in the source RPM, that is why A
think that using sys.executable should be the option and not the default.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware