[Distutils] bdist_wininst updated in CVS repository
Thu Sep 7 12:07:01 2000
I just checked in a new version of bdist_wininst.
- the windows installer is again able to compile after installing
the files. Note: The default has changed, the packager has to
give --no-target-compile/--no-target-optimize to NOT compile
on the target system. (Another note: install_lib's --compile
--optimize options have the same semantics to switch off
the compilation. Shouldn't the names change?)
- All references to specific python versions are gone.
- A small bug:
raise DistutilsPlatformError ("...")
raise DistutilsPlatformError, ("...")
- When bdist_wininst creates an installer for one specific python
version, this is reflected in the name:
Distutils-0.9.2.win32-py15.exe instead of
- bdist_wininst, when run as script, reads the wininst.exe file
and rewrites itself. Previously this was done by hand.
- All the changes needed for compilation
- Deleted a lot of debug/dead code