[Distutils] Rewritten 'get_platform()'

Paul F. Dubois dubois@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 11 00:48:01 2000

Just a thought related to what you are doing here; I have had some
experiences where the LOCATION mattered too. For example, a certain library
was in /usr/local on one of our systems, and in someone's home directory on
another, even though otherwise the systems were identical. Of course, I
don't know how you could "detect" the location except as a possible
configuration variable. Indeed, I did just that in one make system I wrote.