[Distutils] test command for setup.py

Berthold Höllmann hoel@germanlloyd.org
Mon Sep 25 12:42:01 2000

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller@ion-tof.com> writes:

> I like the simplicity of your test command,
> however I would like (and have partly implmented)
> the following changes:
> - don't use so many options, the build directories could
> be retrieved from the 'build' command

I would, if I could figure out how. )-:

> - wrap 'try' blocks around running the tests

I think, if a test failed, the script should abort. If you want it to
continue, the try blocks should go into the test files themselves.

> - output a summary of failed and passed tests
> I will probably post my script later.

This again should go into the test implementations, or into a test
framework. I think these are only good for the "enduser" testing. But
I would like to handle some "developer" testing also by the distutils
test command.

Berthold

--
       email: hoel@GermanLloyd.org