[Distutils] My (slightly goofy) coding standard

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Mon Sep 25 22:40:01 2000

  GW> Hi all -- I have just completed one pass over the Distutils
  GW> source to enforce one minor coding convention: whitespace next
  GW> to the open parentheses when calling a function (or other
  GW> callable).  Anyone hacking on the Distutils needs to know about
  GW> this convention, which is slightly odd [...]

It is really unfortunate that you have chosen to go this route.  We
are trying to make all the Python code in the standard library follow
Guido's coding style.

We will slow fix code in the library to follow these conventions,
which will make distutils the only part of the core that doesn't
follow them.