[Distutils] Distutils 1.0 code freeze: Oct 1

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue Sep 26 22:41:42 2000

On 26 September 2000, Andrew Kuchling said:
> How about the directory caching problem when doing multiple builds in
> a single Python process?

Yep, that one slipped through the cracks all right -- thanks!

> (Reported by me in
> http://www.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2000-September/001915.html)
> I'm willing to write a patch, if given guidance on what to write.

grep dir_util.py for '_path_cache'.  Couldn't hurt to grep *.py, but if
any other module is referring to a leading-underscore variable, somebody
needs to be slapped with the proverbial wet noodle!  ... lessee... yep,
just 'mkpath()' and 'remove_tree()' use it.  Both will probably need to
be changed to use absolute paths.  Shouldn't be hard, and I approve.  Go
for it.

        Greg