[Distutils] Summary of requested features

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu Apr 5 03:49:00 2001

Just so that we don't forget, here's the start of a feature request
summary:

* binary packages should include the Python version in their
  filename

* all distutils packages should include a package release number
  (like the RPM one) meaning that you can generate new package
  versions without having to bump the software version number;
  we could use a new setup() keyword "release" for this

[more features to add here]

Please complete this list, so that we can add these to the distutils
TODO (or even better, since more visible, to a distutils feature
request PEP).

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg