[Distutils] Summary of requested features

Thu Apr 5 11:24:01 2001

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 09:47:48AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Just so that we don't forget, here's the start of a feature request
>summary:

Ooh, good timing!  I was just thinking this morning that I should post
a request for features ofr Distutils 1.1.

>[more features to add here]

Things on my list:

* Konrad's suggested fixes (allowing single directories in MANIFEST, etc.)

* Additional install_ subcommands: for DTDs and SGML catalogs, for TeX files.
  If you've had to write a custom install command for one of your setup.py
  files, consider submitting it.

* Greg has been making noises about filling out the documentation,
  paid for by the last dregs of the Python Consortium money, but I don't
  know when he'll find the time.

Release plans: I'm not going to work on this at all until Python 2.1
is out; even something as trivial as the directory/MANIFEST fix is not
going to be added when a new release is so close.  When 2.1final
ships, I'll make a Distutils 1.0.2 release, and then we can start on
work for 1.1.

--amk