[Distutils] Distutils 1.0.2 release candidate

Mon Apr 23 11:17:00 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 09:36:25AM +0200, Thomas Heller wrote:
>- The archive-util bug reported by Pete Shinners seems still to be
>present:

Aieee!  My source tree mustn't have been up to date; I've made a new
set of tarballs which really *do* have the current code.  This may
also explain why the Windows installer crashes, since there were some
missing patches for it.  Please try again with the new files.

>BTW: There is a bug in the Python 2.1 release version of Distutils:
>'1.0.2pre' isn't a valid version number by distutils' own standards.
>This was of course _my_ fault.

I don't think this really matters; the setup.py containing the
1.0.2pre version isn't inside the Python 2.1 source tree at all,

--amk