[Distutils] unit test support for distutils

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri Apr 27 14:26:02 2001

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > Wouldn't it be better to explicitly name the test script using
 > a keyword parameter to setup() ?

  I think that would be a good elaboration, but something simple like
this would be useful for the typical case.

 > * test (if available) should be run prior to install

  Agreed; I didn't want to mess with the other commands until we
determine whether it should go in.

 > * installing should not be possible with failing tests (errors) unless
 >   an override option is used

  Fair enough.

 > * the test command should have an option to turn warnings into
 >   errors

  Are they treated differently?  What's missing is that I don't know
offhand how to raise the error condition for distutils, otherwise I
would.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>