[Distutils] Any volunteers for Distutils maintainer?

Andrew Kuchling
Thu Dec 6 16:52:01 2001

I lack the time to properly maintain the Distutils these days.  Is
anyone interested in taking it over?  It's not clear if much *new*
development is needed on the package, though there are a pile of bugs
for it in the SourceForge bug tracker.  (I've just marked all the
outstanding bug and patches as unassigned; feel free to grab any one
that interests you and assign it to yourself.  Perhaps a single
Distutils czar isn't needed any longer, just a group of people who
process bugs and patch submissions with reasonable speed.)

--amk