[Distutils] Installing third-party files in modules

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon Dec 17 15:58:02 2001

S=E9bastien Pierre wrote:
>=20
> Hi all,
>=20
> I have a module a module "spam" that contains the "foo.py" file,
> plus some other files like "burps.xsl" or "bar.xml". What I want
> to do is when making a "setup.py install" that the "burps.xsl"
> and "bar.xml" get installed directly into the site-packages in
> the "spam" module.
>=20
> Actually distutils seems to ignore non "*.py" files. How can I
> override this?

You should try to install them using the data_files option.
If that doesn't help, you can always subclass the various commands
to better fit your needs. See mxSetup.py in egenix-mx-base for
an example.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH