[Distutils] Data file installation locations: how to specify...

Rene Liebscher R.Liebscher@gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 03:03:00 2001

S=E9bastien Pierre wrote:
>=20
> Hi Mike,
>=20
> As you may have noticed, my problem is quite close to yours. I
> have tried to put a list of couples (assuming source,dest was
> ok) into the data_files, which has lead to copying the my files
> (eg. "spam/foo/bar.xsl") into /sw/spam/foo/bar.xsl, creating the
> intermediary subdirectories.
>=20
> /sw is the parent directory to the bin directory that contains
> the python interpreter. So I guess specifying couples copies the
> file in this location, which is a quite strange "feature" ;)
>=20
> Cheers,
>=20
>   -- S=E9bastien.
>=20

You need a own install command for data files if the distutils
install_data is not suitable for you.=20

See for example

PyOpenGL
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pyopengl/PyOpenGL1/
my_install_data.py and setup.py

or

pyxml
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pyxml/xml/
setup.py and setupext/
(This is slightly modified version of the first.)

Kind regards
Rene Liebscher