[Distutils] Beta-release of installers for mx Extensions

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri Feb 16 15:33:01 2001

Hi everybody,

I am looking for some beta-testers of my new distutils based
mx packages, the eGenix mx-Extensions.

The extensions themselves are known to compile and run on
practically all Python-supported platforms, but the new distutils based
installation and build scheme is likely to cause some troubles
which I want to move out of the way before going public.

I have tested these installers on Linux and Windows without
any problems, but would be interested in getting hearing about
any problems they might have on the other standard Unix platforms
such as AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, etc. and the more exotic ones such
as MacOSX and BeOS.

You can download the current snapshots from the following URLs.

These RPMs are for Linux and i386 machines:

  http://www.lemburg.com/python/egenix-mx-base-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm
  http://www.lemburg.com/python/egenix-mx-base-1.0.0-1.src.rpm

This archive uses the new bdist_wininst which Thomas Heller
has been working on for a few weeks now:

  http://www.lemburg.com/python/egenix-mx-base-1.0.0.win32-py2.0.exe

This archive contains the distutils based installer:

  http://www.lemburg.com/python/egenix-mx-base-1.0.0.zip

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg