[Distutils] Generic uninstall command

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat Feb 17 04:39:01 2001

Paul Prescod wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> > This command should work with all install commands which adhere to
> > the .get_outputs() logic, meaning that this API should return
> > a list of absolute filenames of all files which the command wrote
> > to the file system.
>
> Am I wrong to be a little bit paranoid about files used by more than one
> distribution?

The uninstall command will simply reverse the process of installing
a package. It does not try to manage file ownership or dependencies.
This would be a whole different subject and a very complex one too.

I'm using the above code in the installer for the eGenix mx-Extensions
and these don't share any files.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg