[Distutils] Re: CPAN functionality for python

Bruce Sass bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Feb 27 04:56:00 2001

This confirms what I got out of another list member in p-email...
all the problems surrounding RPMs I hear about are most likely the
result of inexperienced packagers.

Debian can have the same problems, but the packaging tools are
thorough enough that things usually work, even if the result is really
ugly (e.g., the Active State py-2.0 .debs <shudder>).