[Distutils] Re: CPAN functionality for python - requirements

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Wed Feb 28 18:55:13 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:13:51AM +0100, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Well, one of the things I'd like to do is integrate all this in MacPython IDE,
>and the same probably holds for PythonWin and Idle. Then the "what do you
>have" is pretty useful for building menus and such.

I anticipate having a web-based interface to the database as well.  I'm
sure that we can get the CGI to let the user do that sort of search, but
at the moment it's restricted so that the user has to specify the name
of the package they're looking for.  I figured dumping gigabytes across
some user's line wouldn't be optimal.  ;-)

Sean
--
 The sooner you start to code, the longer the program will take.
                 -- Roy Carlson