[Distutils] Multi-distribution distributions

Mon Jan 8 14:04:02 2001

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 12:54:39PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>I am currently planning to release the mx Extensions as three
>packages: BASE, CRYPTO and COMMERCIAL. Each of these packages
>will contain a set of mx subpackages with CRYPTO and COMMERCIAL
>depending on BASE.

But if BASE includes, say, mxDateTime, mxODBC, and mxTextTools, how
would a user specify that only mxDateTime and mxODBC should be
compiled?  I think that's what Paul is wondering about, and I think
this should be standardized to keep the process of building packages
consistent.

--amk