[Distutils] Building extensions with mingw

Paul Moore gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 12:53:05 2001

I have ActiveState Python 2.1 (which I assume was built with MSVC), and I=
 am
trying to build an extension using the mingw compiler. When I try to =
build
(python setup.py build -c mingw32) I get a whole load of undefined =
references to
_imp__Py... symbols.

Presumably, I'm missing some sort of supporting import library to tell =
mingw
about Python - the question is, how do I get one? Or am I being naive in
assuming that I can use mingw to build extensions for a Python built with=
 MSVC?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted...

Paul.