[Distutils] directory for applications

Pehr Anderson pehr@eink.com
Mon Jul 23 10:21:03 2001

Dear Gernot,

For my applications installed with distutils,
I look at the sys.argv[0] argument for the path
in which my main python file resides. Then I append
a relative path to sys.path before I attempt to
import my application modules.

This seems like a very reasonable way to do it.
I install the whole directory tree for my app
in /usr/local/appname or /usr/local/share/appname
and put a launch script in /usr/local/bin

	-pehr