[Distutils] Re: CPAN functionality for python - requirements

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri Mar 2 04:16:01 2001

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:13:51AM +0100, Jack Jansen wrote:
> >Well, one of the things I'd like to do is integrate all this in MacPython IDE,
> >and the same probably holds for PythonWin and Idle. Then the "what do you
> >have" is pretty useful for building menus and such.
>
> I anticipate having a web-based interface to the database as well.  I'm
> sure that we can get the CGI to let the user do that sort of search [...]

Right, but an IDE can do better. For instance, if an import fails it can offer
to do a lookup on the packages site to see whether such a package is
available. On the other hand: it could also do so by firing up your browser
with a carefully constructed URL. Ah well...