[Distutils] Metadata fields

Robin Dunn robin@alldunn.com
Mon Mar 12 14:59:01 2001

> I wonder about the download link. The distribution packager
> may not know what this is, assuming that the software can be
> downloaded from the catalog. Maybe this field is set by the
> catalog. Or maybe it doesn't belong in the meta-data.

Perhaps an "alternate download" link.  This could be a place the author
maintains as a mirror of his own stuff.  The catalog will still put the
files where it wants, and distribute to catalog mirrors, etc., and the
catalog clients will still prefer the catalog locations, but if there is an
alternate location to fall back to then it would be nice.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman