[Distutils] Metadata fields

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu Mar 15 00:24:01 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 03:31:42PM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>METADATA go in both source and binary distributions?  If so, where?
>Strawman convention: metadata goes in a METADATA file in the top
>directory of source dists.  In binary dists... it should really drop

"WHATSNEW", "LICENSE", "README" -- they all say something to the consumer.
"METADATA" really doesn't.  I'd prefer something like "PKG-INFO", or
"setup-meta".  The LSM went a long way with having "<packagename>.lsm"
files along-side "<packagename>.tar.gz".

Sean
--
 Think.
Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo@tummy.com>