[Distutils] New draft of PEP, and list of licenses

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sat Mar 17 03:17:00 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 12:51:50PM -0600, s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu wrote:
>  An optional size field would also be useful but can be left out until
>2.2

My concern with that is having it get out of sync.  "Ok, now I've built
an HP-UX sd archive of this package, I just need to copy the meta-data
over and...

It would also be useful to have an MD5 and/or signature, but it runs into
similar problems.  However, I can say that in swalow it's very nice to
have these fields.  I use size and md5sum to verify a good download, and
if they don't both match it goes on to another URL listed to try getting
another copy of it.

Sean
--
 If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have
 schizophrenia.  -- Thomas Szasz