[Distutils] distutils on OS X?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri Nov 9 07:09:00 2001

> Under 2.2 cvs:
> cc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress build/temp.darwin-1.4-Power
> Macintosh-2.2/_rl_accel.o -o build/lib.darwin-1.4-Power
> Macintosh-2.2/_rl_accel.so
>
> This -flat_namespace option might help, so maybe it's fixable by editing the
> configure script. Jack? (This would most definitely be a candidate for 2.1.2, if
> there'll be one.)

Agreed, for 2.1.2. But note that the -flat_namespace should only be used on
10.1/Darwin 1.4, not on 10.0/Darwin 1.2.

For 2.2 I would like to do away with the -flat_namespace and in stead follow
the path I explained in a previous mail. It is much less error-prone, and it
should be more efficient to load modules too (according to Apple's docs).
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm