[Distutils] Automatic creation of .pyc files

Andy Todd andy47@halfcooked.com
Wed Oct 10 21:58:00 2001

All,

When packaging a Python module is it possible to stop the automatic
creation of .pyc on installation?

I ask because in PythonCard we currently store our configuration data in
files that are imported but never executed (i.e. they just contain a
list). When I package up the prototype and make it available I would
like to be able to stop .pyc versions of these files being created.

In the future we will probably change the way this data is stored to
avoid this, but in the mean time I was wondering what I can do. Any and
all suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq.
"Hit me with your fax machine, baby" - Francis Dunnery, "Because I Can"