[Distutils] Help with Compilation

ALEX BELT ALEX.BELT@bcbssc.com
Mon Oct 29 09:25:22 2001

Good day everyone,

I am writing a Python script for the web in a Windows environment, but I have
a problem: the web page is generated inside another web environment, so I need
to compile the Python script directly to a machine executable file, rather
than bytecode.  I cannot use Java as a solution, the language has inherent
limitations that prevent it from doing what I need.  I need to develop this
quickly, which eliminates C or C++, and I have to keep in mind that not all
users may have Windows in the future, so using a MS product is not a realistic
solution.  Is it possible to compile Python to machine code, or alternatively,
find a way to use the Python script without having Python installed on the
user's machine?

Thanks!

Alex Belt