[Distutils] 4Suite bcpp build looking for WinMain

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Fri Aug 16 12:48:01 2002

Eric Hanson wrote:
> running build_scripts
> build\temp.win32-2.2\scripts\4odb.c:
> Warning W8004 build\temp.win32-2.2\scripts\4odb.c 16: 'i' is assigned
> a value that is never used in function main
> Error: Unresolved external 'WinMain' referenced from
> C:\BCC55\LIB\C0W32.OBJ
> error: command 'ilink32.exe' failed with exit status 2
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?  It's like it thinks it's a Windows
> application, but I tried adding the -TC flag to bcppcompiler.py in the
> self.compile_options, no dice.

Actually, our scripts are Windows applications.  Our build_scripts command
uses .link_executable method on the compilier to create them.  I'd suggest
looking there to see if the correct options are used for building an
application use Borland's tools.  I don't think too many people use that
feature of the compiliers so it could be wrong.

--
Jeremy Kloth
Fourthought, Inc.