[Distutils] Re: A possible Python distutils bug

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Wed Aug 28 15:03:01 2002

On 27 August 2002, Tom Epperly said:
> If you have two Python C extension modules with the same shortname
> (i.e., the name minus all the package directories), Python distutils
> won't compile them both correctly.  In my example, I've got

Funny -- someone else reported that same bug last week.  It's filed on
SourceForge here:

  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=599248&group_id=5470&atid=105470

> Do you consider this a bug?

Yes.  Not sure how it came about; I *thought* I coded things the right
way originally, but I could be misremembering.

> If yes, how quickly do you think it can be addressed?

Very quickly as soon as someone finds the cycles.  (Don't look at me!)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward      *     gward@python.net     *     www.gerg.ca
All things are possible -- except skiing through a revolving door.