[Distutils] overriding build options

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Thu Dec 12 05:47:11 2002

"Keith Jackson (DSD staff)" <krjackson@lbl.gov> writes:

> That's what I was afraid of. It sure seems like a simple way to override
> the compile options from the python build would be nice.

Would be nice, yes, but also a bit of a minefield: generally extension
modules have to be built with the same options as Python or all hell
can break loose (here I'm thinking particularly of large file
options).

Obviously, this doesn't apply to warning options, but... brr.  There's
also x-platform considerations here.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Well, yes.  I don't think I'd put something like "penchant for anal
  play" and "able to wield a buttplug" in a CV unless it was relevant