[Distutils] _spawn_posix fails, command line works??

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri Feb 1 05:37:03 2002

"John J. Lee" <jjl@pobox.com> writes:

> On 28 Jan 2002, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> > "John J. Lee" <jjl@pobox.com> writes:
> [...]
> > > if os.name == "nt":
> > >     fmt = '\\"%s\\"'
> > > elif os.name == "posix":
> > >     fmt = '\"%s\"'
> >
> > What happens if you change this to
> >
> >     fmt = "%s"
>
> I suppose you mean '"%s"'?  Yes, that's what I should have had in the
> "posix" part of the if statement (though I don't much care at the moment,
> since I've still to get the thing to work without segfaulting on windows).
> The confusing part was the difference in behaviour between windows and
> unix -- or have I missed your point?

I don't *think* there *should* be any difference between posix & windows.

There may well be in practice.

Oh, I'm getting confused by the whole issue.  I also can't test on
windows, which isn't a great help...

Cheers,
M.

--
  I also fondly recall Paris because that's where I learned to
  debug Zetalisp while drunk.                          -- Olin Shivers