[Distutils] making setup less chatty by default

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Mon Jan 21 08:56:01 2002

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy@alum.mit.edu> writes:

>   MH> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>   >> Just to clarify: I don't have objections as to clean up the
>   >> distutils self.verbose interface. Indeed, I would prefer to have
>   >> clearly defined verbosity levels to choose from, e.g.
>
>   MH> Me too.  I'll even write the code, so long as noone's in too
>   MH> much of a hurry.
>
> By tea time should be just fine <wink>.

I'm sure there's an appropriate Douglas Adams' quote that could go
here, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

> Seriously, though, we've got plenty of time before 2.3, and I've got
> my monkey patch to keep me (and distutils) quiet for now.  When might
> you get to it?

Hard to say.  I have an increasingly large pile of paper next to me as
I print out the distutils sources for offline digestion.  Couple of
weeks?  A month?

Cheers,
M.

--
  This makes it possible to pass complex object hierarchies to
  a C coder who thinks computer science has made no worthwhile