[Distutils] Path conversion for package_dir missing

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Sun Jan 27 16:10:05 2002

Folks,
I just submitted a bug report (509288) that the path conversion
that needs to be done for all pathnames, converting from URLs
(or unix pathnames, depending on your point of view) to local
convention is missing for package_dir.

I've looked at it for a while, but the distutils architecture is
simply too elusive for me: I wouldn't have a clue where to
insert the conversion. I don't even understand how the setup()
keyword argument gets passed on to the other layers of
distutils. Could someone else have a look, please? This problem
means the newest Numeric doesn't build on the Mac anymore.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -