[Distutils] specifying headers for an extension

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue Mar 5 02:08:02 2002

When building an extension, how do I specify that some C header files
should be considered part of the sources for the purpose of dependency
checking?  I can't include them with the list of C files:

running build_ext
building '_datetime' extension
error: unknown file type '.h' (from 'datetime.h')
make: *** [_datetime.so] Error 1

and just specifying their location isn't the right thing either.  I
want the .o file to be re-built if the header changes.

I didn't see anything about this in the docs.  If someone can point me
in the right direction, I can update the docs so others can find this
information.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--