[Distutils] Cygwin to build modules for the Win32 Python2.2 distribution ?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue Mar 5 04:42:02 2002

Gregor Hoffleit <gregor@hoffleit.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build an extension module for the Python22.exe
> distribution from www.python.org. I'm using a current Cygwin environment
> and a trivial Distutils setup.py script.
>
> The build fails, appearently during a sanity check for LONG_BIT. AFAICS,
> the failure is due to differences between the VC compiler used for
> Python22.exe, and the GCC 2.95.4 using in Cygwin:
>
>     madonna:1> python setup.py build --compiler=cygwin

Try --compiler=mingw32.  What you have there certainly isn't going to
work.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I have a feeling that any simple problem can be made arbitrarily
  difficult by imposing a suitably heavy administrative process