[Distutils] Documentation question

Mon May 6 14:46:13 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 03:54:04PM -0400, Mark W. Alexander wrote:
>I took the dist.tex file, cut out the RPM section and edited it for
>these packages. Now what? How do I test what the file actually
>produces, and how it fits in with the rest of the distutils docs?

Assuming you have TeX installed, you should be able to do
'../tools/mkhowto --dvi dist.tex' in the Doc/dist/ directory and have
it generate a .dvi file.

>Next step, how do I submit the changes? (I assume as a patch to the doc file.)

Yes, a patch on SourceForge would be fine.  You can assign
responsibility for the patch to me.

>Pointers the whatever FM I'm looking for would be helpful.

The docs for writing Python documentation are at
http://www.python.org/doc/current/doc/doc.html

--amk