[Distutils] I think I need more detail in the build directory

Mon Nov 18 09:52:01 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:30:05PM +0100, Jack Jansen wrote:
>As it is now this works fine if the two pythons differ in version
>number or if the two pythons are for different platforms. It does not
>work, however, if the two pythons are the same version and run on the
>same platform, but differ in another incompatible way.

I'd have no objection to using API_VERSION instead of the Python
version, but it only became available to Python code in 2.3CVS, so
there'd be no way to get it in Apple's Python.  Similar problems apply
to tracing/debugging; can Python code determine what the options are
for the interpreter it's running in?

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
MALCOLM: Angels are bright still, though the brightest fell.
      -- _Macbeth_, IV, iii