[Distutils] Re: New Distutils snapshot

Tue Nov 19 13:43:05 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:50:13PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
>I assume 1.0.4 would then be the (still 1.5.2 compatible) CVS HEAD version?

Yes; 1.0.4 would wrap up the Distutils that goes into Python 2.3.

>In this case I want to add documentation for the recent bdist_wininst
>improvements.  I would also consider SF bug #638595, because it also
>has bitten me.

#638595 is "Move bdist_wininst source code into PC", a directive from
Guido but not actually a bug.  Was that the bug you intended?

>How much time do we have?

Python 2.3 schedule calls for a Christmas-ish alpha1.  It would be
nice if all of the code fixes can be done for alpha1, so they get the
maximum amount of testing.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
LEAR: Her voice was ever soft,
 Gentle, and low, an excellent thing in woman.
      -- _King Lear_, V, iii