[Distutils] Distutils/setup question - as posted to general list

Mahrt, Dallas dallasm@aiinet.com
Wed Sep 11 16:59:02 2002

I am in the process of making modifications to the Python build system to
aid in the cross-compilation of Python. A primary problem I am running into
involves the module detection logic
In PyBuildExt::detect_modules() of setup.py. It is determining what modules
to build based on the build system. I have modified 'Modules/Setup' to
remove some modules from being compiled, but I would still like to be able
to specify more cleanly which modules to compile and the necessary flags to
use for the hosts system. Is there currently a way to make these
specifications? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a clean
longer-term solution? Is this the right list to ask these questions?

Thanks.
---
Dallas S. Mahrt               614-923-1194
Software Engineer             Network Management Systems
Applied Innovation Inc.       Dublin, Ohio