[Distutils] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Jaguar compiling issues (Was:_renderPM.so for Jaguar)

Brian Lenihan brian_l@mac.com
Tue Sep 24 03:51:06 2002

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 11:41 PM, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> I wrote on pythonmac-sig@python.org:
>
>> I'm pretty sure this has to do with some library changes, as it
>> has been mentioned already several times here. I'd be glad if
>> someone knowledgable would explain which changes and how to
>> solve this problem in general, once and for all?
>
> Here you might get an idea of what the problem (compiling modules
> on Mac OS 10.2) could be:
>
>   http://www.osxgnu.org/#jagbugs

This is a separate issue from what you originally posted to the
pythonmac-sig.  Apple's autoconf is indeed broken, but I hadn't seen it
because I'm using Fink's version.  The proposed fix from osxgnu os not
quite right, it should be:

exit (setpgrp (1,1) == -1 ? 0 : 1);])]

distutils should not have to work around a vendor's broken autoconf.
Apple needs to fix this.