[Distutils] Fwd: distutil command lines

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Aug 4 07:58:42 EDT 2003

Il lun, 2003-08-04 alle 08:47, Brandon Long ha scritto:
> I mailed this to Greg, and he said to try here:
>
> I've got a project with a python wrapper/extension module (amoung
> others), called ClearSilver http://www.clearsilver.net/
>
> The package uses autoconf/configure to determine which programs are
> available, and how to build things, etc.  This includes external
> libaries and locations for them, like -lz, -ldb, etc.
>
> Until recently, I've been just providing a Makefile for compiling the
> python extension, instead of using distutils.  I don't really want to
> deal with compiling the shared library on all of the platforms, though,
> so I figured I'd go and create the setup.py script.

same problem here. i solved it by using configure to generate setup.py
from setup.py.in (in setup.py you can specify multiple include paths,
etc.) but i consider this to be an hack and a sub-optimal solution. the
best would be to generate setup.cfg and let the user do last-minute
adjustements directly to it.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
                   Datemi uno spigolo. Che lo arrotondo tutto. -- <dani>