[Distutils] Fwd: distutil command lines

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Aug 4 10:23:22 EDT 2003

Il lun, 2003-08-04 alle 10:11, Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon ha scritto:
> Most of the configuration machinery is already available in distutils
> (via "python setup.py config"), so you may not need to run
> autoconf/configure at all. In one of my software projects, I was able to
> get rid of the autoconf/configure stuff altogether by using the
> corresponding distutils routines. These are much easier to use than
> autoconf/configure, and also guarantees that you are using the same
> compiler and compiler options for the config stage and the build stage.

this is another big problem of distutils. how can I tell distutils to
*not* use compiler flags from python build but my own? for example, i
use assert in devel builds and i don't want NDEBUG to be defined but i
get it from a default python 2.3 build (on debian). i know i can rebuild
a whole python and then use that for my devel builds but is not handy at
all.

> For some examples of "python setup.py config" (including finding
> external libraries and such), see

i'll check the examples. thank you very much.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
                           Don't dream it. Be it. -- Dr. Frank'n'further