[Distutils] compiling extension modules with 'make'

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 24 15:12:19 EDT 2003

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> If you're looking for examples on how this can be done,
> have a look at mxSetup.py in the egenix-mx-experimental
> package -- that package builds C libraries which are then
> used by Python wrappers in C.

thanks ! That's certainly a good start. I didn't even
know there is a 'config' command (skeleton). That looks
as it could serve.
What's the best way to generate files (headers, python
scripts, etc.) by means of a 'config' command such that
these generated files contain settings that can later
be used by C code as well as python modules (paths, for
example) ?

Regards,
		Stefan

PS: the distutils documentation is really sparse...:-(