[Distutils] Fixing distutils bug #668662 before Py2.3a2

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc.ee
Wed Feb 19 04:32:01 2003

Hi,

I have uploaded a patch fixing distutils bug #668662 and I am wondering if
it is possible to apply it before Py2.3a2 is released (that should happen
today according to GvR).

This bug fix is crusial for those extension module builders who specify
source codes with absolute paths and don't have write permissions to
the location of source codes (the bug is that Py2.3a1 distutils forces
the corresponding object files to go to the source directory, not to
the build directory where they should go).

Thanks,
	Pearu