[Distutils] packages and modules together

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri Feb 28 06:45:01 2003

Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>

>>Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>>Here's a topic that's come up before.
>>>Distutils does not currently support having both packages and modules
>>>in the same call to distutils.core.setup().
>
> [...]
>
>>I believe that a simple change to the .find_all_modules()
>>method would solve the problem: the method would need to merge
>>the two generated lists (from py_modules and the modules from
>>the packages).
>

> I ran across this general distutils problem as well when writing the
> setup.py for Thuban [1] and I derived a new build command just so that I
> could have both modules and packages. Overriding find_all_modules and
> run was necessary. find_all_modules as MAL described and run so that it
> will allow specifying both modules and packages. This has been working
> very well in Thuban.

Could you submit this as patch for the standard build_py
command ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 28 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     32 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       116 days left