[Distutils] swig 1.3.x

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri Jan 3 06:40:01 2003

Keith Jackson wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> What changes would have to be implemented in distutils
>> for swig 1.3 ? If it's just the names of a few options
>> I'd suggest to make the swig support smart enough to support
>> both versions as Keith suggests.
>

> I think the only changes are in the options. Everything else should stay
> the same. I'm currently planning on making 1.3 the default version, and
> requiring an explicit swig_version option to revert to 1.1.

Isn't there a way to tell the SWIG version by calling swig itself ?
I think distutils should figure this one out by itself.

Alas, the program you're compiling probably is bound to a specific SWIG
version anyway, so maybe we need a helper which people can call
in their setup.py files to check, e.g. swig_version().

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH