[Distutils] Files not included

Enrico Ng enrico at fnal.gov
Tue Jun 3 11:31:28 EDT 2003

I am trying a simple example:

#/usr/bin/env python

from distutils.command.build_ext import build_ext
setup(name="orbit", version="1.0",
       ext_package="orbit",
       ext_modules=[Extension("orbit", sources = ["Parallel.cc"])])

when I do "python setup.py sdist", the resulting tarfile only includes
PKGINFO and setup.py, it does not include Parallel.cc.

I tried this on a SunOS 5.7 using Python 2.2.2 (GCC 3.2.3) and it works fine.
When I try it on a Linux 2.4.9 using Python 2.2.2 (GCC 3.2.3) it does not work.
I do not know if this is related to the OS.  I am thinking it may have
something to do with different configure options, but I do not know.

Any ideas?

--
Enrico Ng <enrico at fnal.gov>