[Distutils] Re: Mixing pure python and extension module and multi platform

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed Mar 19 06:07:01 2003

Berthold H=F6llmann wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>>If you are using packages, that's the only way it works (you can't
>>have two parallel package structures with the same base name in
>>Python). If you are distributing the files as top-level files,
>>then this looks like a bug.
>=20
> So it is, I guess a bug. I build a small example:

I don't think so...

> setup (name         =3D "pork.spam",
>        version      =3D "0.0.0",
>        description  =3D "just a test",
>        author       =3D 'Berthold H=F6llmann',
>        author_email =3D "hoel@GL-Group.com",
>        ext_modules  =3D [Extension('spam', ['spam.c'])],
>        package_dir =3D {'pork': '.'},

>        py_modules   =3D ['pork.pork'],
> )

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 19 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     13 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        97 days left