[Distutils] Switching off optimization for python setup.py config

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu May 1 16:19:04 2003

Jack Jansen wrote:

> On donderdag, mei 1, 2003, at 15:03 Europe/Amsterdam, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> You can use the distutils.command.config command class to write
>> configuration and test compilation methods. These have complete
>> control over the compiler being used, so switching off optimization
>> for the purpose of configuration should be possible.
>

> Does this work on non-unix platforms? MacOS9 is on the way out (it
> definitely won't work there), but I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like
> this also won't work on Windows or BeOS or whatever.

If you mean the config command, yes, this also works on Windows.
I use it to check for C APIs and to find locations of C libs
and header files.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 01 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        54 days left