[Distutils] backwards compatibility of distutils?

Wed May 14 21:28:01 2003

>>> Andrew Kuchling wrote
> The unknown question is if anyone has written setup.py files that
> depend on fancy_getopt or distutils.log.  It seems unlikely, but I
> don't know for sure, and breaking people's setup.py files is bad.
> This also makes me paranoid about rearranging command classes
> significantly.

We could ask on comp.lang.python... I'll do this.

"Do you know of setup.py files that are more complex than just
 a setup call with some usage of Extension?"

I know Richard Jones has a reasonably complex setup.py for roundup;
it monkeypatches DistributionMetadata and does a bunch of work to
build the install list.

Anthony